The Rabid Left will foam at the mouth, without a doubt. Watch for it. The news hasn't come up on their radar.
Ken Starr, the prosecutor who exposed the Clintons, has been chosen as president of Baylor University, in Waco Texas.
Baylor University announces that Kenneth Winston Starr, J.D., current dean of the School of Law at Pepperdine University, has been named the 14th president of Baylor University. Judge Starr was the unanimous choice of both the 14-member Presidential Search Committee and the 10-member Presidential Search Advisory Committee, and was elected unanimously by the Baylor Board of Regents on February 12, 2010.
Judge Starr will be introduced to the campus community by Regents Chair R. Dary Stone, J.D. '77, at a university-wide meeting in the Bill Daniel Student Center on the Baylor campus at 3 p.m., Tuesday, Feb. 16.
For those unfamiliar with Baylor, it is a cornerstone institution of Texas, founded by and funded by Texas Baptists.
It is a conservative institution, but any and all attempts to characterize it as a bunch of wing-nuts in the Texas prairie just don't stick. They run a very good medical school, for openers.
OS sees this announcement as a very good thing for the culture, a hopeful sign. Kudos to Baylor.
Here's the Baylor homepage.
1 comment:
I don't know a lot about Ken Starr, other than what was in the news papers a while back, but this strikes me as something of an odd choice. I can't quite put my finger on just why; it just does not seem quite right to me. I am fairly familiar with Baylor since I know a lot about the area and have many friends there. It will be quite interesting to see how this works out.
The Baylor Medical School that you mention is well removed from the main campus of Baylor University in Waco. Although I suppose that they are technically connected, I rarely associate the two in my thinking.
Post a Comment