Thursday, January 14, 2010

People With Real Problems

I'm on my second cup of coffee, about to commute to the office in the next room to begin my day's work, corresponding with colleagues and clients, and writing music for a nice marketplace.

My problems today essentially deal with my impatience that I cannot get everything done on my list of worthy projects.  I need to lose another thirty pounds. I just found out that we'll have some unanticipated auto repairs to pay. We need to do some plumbing and renovation work to part of our 35-year-old house. My pickup truck needs to have some bodywork done, and a repaint. Etc., etc., etc.

People in Haiti have Real Problems.

Here are three organizations already on the ground:

Doctors Without Borders

Red Cross

Catholic Relief Services

There are other established organizations that do a good job in chaotic situations.

Please, a few bucks you'll never miss can become a saline bag that keeps an injured person hydrated and alive.

Don't let the sun go down without making a contribution.

People in Haiti have Real Problems.

No comments: