I'm laboring away, getting projects out the door, getting ready to travel tonight, the usual stuff.
One last check-in with Jesse, and I see this:
$140 billion for the Wall Street investment bank employees.
This time last year, they swore their backs were against the wall, and Henry Paulson demanded the right to raid the US Treasury to save them. After one final brave last stand in the House, he triumphed, and the feeding frenzy began. I don't wear a tin hat, honestly, but I remember this 'crisis' felt so contrived...
We now have 20% unemployment, and true poverty and misery stalk much of the world, made worse by our recklessness.
$140 billion for the Wall Street investment bank employees.
I'm no socialist, and believe in compensation and incentives for achievement, but this time last year, these folks held a gun to our heads, and told us the world would end if they did not get their way.
Average compensation per employee at investment bank Goldman Sachs, is set to reach about $743,000 this year, double last year's $364,000 and up 12% from about $622,000 in 2007, according to the Journal analysis....
If you are reading this from somewhere overseas, I plead with you to understand that average citizens here do not support this, in no manner approve of this. We have been hijacked by a consortium of politicians and business elites, and we covet your prayers.
Lord have mercy upon us.
Christ have mercy upon us.
Lord have mercy upon us.
No comments:
Post a Comment