Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Organic Fertilizer Rapidly Approaches An Intersection With The Electrically-Powered Portable Bladed Air-Moving Device

So,  here we have news from the FDIC that they plan to assess $45 billion dollars from the banks left standing in order to cover their losses on the banks that have fallen/are about to fall and can't get up.

And the little solvent banks are going raise that cash from where?

New customers and loan business?

Present customers?  Assess fees on each account and/or check processed?

Laying off employees?

Closing branches and trying to sell off the buildings? (It took three years for a bank to unload a closed branch locally.  Sold or leased it on the cheap to two guys who installed a liquor store in it!)

Where?

Will $45 billion really be enough? Or is this just round one of an ongoing shakedown of the the solvent banks?

I mean, I'm at a loss.  This past Friday afternoon, the final Friday of September, in the final hour of business, I was the only customer at my bank. I hung around and gossiped, just to see if it was a fluke of timing.   (I was making deposits, sure as shootin' wasn't talking to them about taking on more debt!)

It wasn't a fluke. I was it. The tellers were doing cross-stitch, and looking for tasks to do on behalf of their employer.

And this bank's not on the 'watch list'.

No comments: