We must remember that the HopeyChangey folks love Chavez, and Castro, just as the New York Times loved Stalin in the 1930's. (That worked out well, did it not?)
The two most recent posts from The Devil's Excrement are illustrative.
First, the food shortages are showing up on grocery store shelves, as are shortages of other basic necessities of life. Like diapers and cleaning products.
The author reports:
I don’t know if I have been distracted lately or if I was just not paying attention. I have been hearing for weeks about the problems with shortages of diapers and sanitary napkins (an almost daily topic of discussion by the women in my office), but to tell you the truth, I was stunned when I went to the supermarket on Tuesday and saw all the empty or semi-empty shelves. Thinking that it was just coincidental, maybe the shelves had not been replenished from the weekend, I thought by today things would go back to normal.
No such luck, the shelves looked even worse. On the left you can see the paper products shelf, looking truly empty, only one brand of diapers available.
OS looked through the comments section on this post, and saw a most poignant comment left by one CarlosElio. Well worth the time invested to read.
The second post is an eye-wateringly detailed account of the Venezuelan bond market, and how it is now used by businesses as an end-run around currency controls imposed by Chavez.
Remember, ya'll. The Left loves Chavez and Castro. This is what they have in mind for us here, if we allow it. A friend just returned from a visit to Cuba. He loves the friends he has made there, but the poverty and lack of freedom are just stunning.
OS hopes one and all take time to read these posts, and pass them along.
No comments:
Post a Comment