Michael Jackson wasn't the only Jackson making large amounts of money and living large back when the recorded music business sold records. Alan Jackson--I can assure you, no relation, did quite well, and continues to, I'm certain.
But we all must eventually downsize, must we not?
For the Wall Street banksta or Arab oil sheik who has everything, but longs for that simple life down south in the country, country music star Alan Jackson offers his estate for sale, at the bargain asking price of a mere $38 million.
The link takes you to an impressive slide show, a veritable celebration of music industry over-the-top life.
(I know what I pay to keep the grass mowed on my little bit of Tennessee acreage. God only knows what Alan's monthly nut must be, what with seventeen HVAC units to run, the pool, the outbuildings, and then the grass-cutting bill. Whoowee, that's a lot of pickin' and grinnin' to keep that up!)
For those of you with rather less cash to burn, or less grandiosity, luxury condos in Nashville, some with views overlooking the studios where Mr. Jackson made his magic, are available at auction this week.
Much to the chagrin, of course, of those poor rubes who bought in the final golden days of the bubble.
I expect an awkward silence to prevail at the opening of the auction, if the developers think they'll be flogging these puppies off at even 40% off.
The folks who made the bubble possible, and are making out like bandits, will of course be bidding on Mr. Jackson's property...
I'm sure the neighbors will be most welcoming.
No comments:
Post a Comment